Born in Moldavia, I moved to Moscow at the age of 18, where I studied and then taught in the History Department of Moscow State University. Simultaneously I ran a studio for parents and children experiencing difficulties at school.
Arriving in Canada in 1997, I went back to school and obtained a BA in Western Society and Culture followed by a MA in Art Therapy (Creative Arts Therapies program) at Concordia University, Montreal.
Since 2003, I worked in the Mental Health and community organizations, and in private practice as a psychotherapist, an art therapist, and a counsellor. For a number of years I was involved as a board member of the Association des art-thérapeutes du Québec (AATQ).
Through the years 2003-2008 I completed Sandplay Therapy training with Canadian Association for Sandplay Therapy (CAST) and added Sandplay Therapy to my practice. Later I completed a PhD focusing on Jungian Psychology and Sandplay Therapy. I continued holding a private practice as a psychotherapist using Art Therapy and Sandplay Therapy at AION Center, combining it with regular presentations at various National and International conferences.
My creative workshops at community organizations were based on an Art Therapy approach with occasional use of the Archetypal material and Fairy-tale themes. The workshops conducted at AION Center focused on the Archetypal themes combined with group Sandplay Therapy work. At the Center, several Creative Arts Therapists and counsellors were also offering a variety of therapeutic modalities.
Since 2014, I am working as a psychotherapist in private practice in Guelph, Ontario. I help people of various ages to find ways of making their lives more fulfilling and satisfying. I do Art and Sandplay Therapy using Jungian Approach and Dream Analysis.
I am a member of the following professional associations, whose guidelines and codes of ethics I respect:
- Registered Psychotherapist (002217) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario.
- Certified Sandplay Therapist & Teacher/Supervisor with Canadian Association for Sandplay Therapy (CAST) and International Society of Sandplay Therapy (ISST)
- Registered Canadian Art therapist with Canadian Art Therapy Association (CATA) and Ontario Art Therapy Association (OATA)
- Registered Art Therapist with Art Therapy Credentials Board (ATCB) and American Art Therapy Association (AATA)
- Professional member of Association of Sandplay Therapists of America
- Certified Counsellor with Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)